GoDaddy Domain Registration And Email-Setup Step-By-Step Guide
Godaddy is indubitably one of the most established domain registrar and web hosting companies out there. Almost everyone today is cognizant of their existence regardless of whether they are interested in their services or not. How? You may ask. Well, through their advertisements containing a pinch of sexualization and dash of waggishness.
The company was founded as late as 1997 with Bob Parsons acting as its founder. A little fast forward to today and the company is 11.72 billion dollars with 20 million customers and 7000 working employees spread across the world.
The services that you as a user can avail, are domain name, a web hosting plan, and a website planner, virtual private servers, dedicated hosted services, and email workspace.
What is pertinent for this how-to article is how you can create your GoDaddy email address. By the end of it, you can surefire create as many emails you wish to expedite and assist your business growth.
How To Buy A Domain In GoDaddy?
For you to learn how to create your email address, you need to have a domain first. Those who are already acquainted with the procedure may skip to the next section.
- Firstly, go to godaddy.com and search for a domain name that you want in the search bar. This is to ensure that the domain name, you wish is available. Now, if the typed domain is available you will have a selection of domains ready to be bought. Now, select the domain name, add it to your shopping cart and click continue.
- The next screen that you will be taken to will show you some options, the first section contains bolstering the privacy in your domain. The three options available to you in this regard will be ‘Privacy Protection’, ‘Ultimate Protection’, and security and ‘No thanks’. You can click ‘no thanks’ if you are not interested in either of the options, about which you can read by clicking the question mark underneath.
- The next option will pertain to starting your website for free, which is the convention and again you can deselect it if you don’t want to be a part of the bandwagon.
- The last option allows you to create your custom email address which in turn will allow you to use your domain. Now after having gone through all the options and selecting as per your preference you can select ‘continue to cart’ from the top right corner.
- The next page that will be shown up is the purchase summary page and before proceeding any further, you will have to create an account on GoDaddy if you don’t have one. Fill in all the essential details that are asked like email, username, and password, and then click ‘create account’. The next page will be related to your payment that you can pay via the appropriate online methods. On the right side, you can see a box allowing you to reconsider your domain name once again. Underneath it will be the number of years, you want to keep that domain name. One thing worth remembering is that the domain name is yours as long as you keep renewing the registration.
- Below this, there will be a domain privacy section aligned with the number of years you will be holding to your domain. This will be followed by the website builder free trial section. You can deselect either of these options by clicking on the little garbage can icon.
- Now, enter your card details, make the payment, and click ‘save’. Then you will be asked to ensure if you want to add any service to your domain under the recommended section, which you can do by just simply clicking ‘add’. After revising simply click ‘complete purchase’ and your domain will be registered.
GoDaddy Email Login Guide
- Now, as you have finally registered go to your GoDaddy account. From the top left corner select ‘my products’ and then select a domain you intend on using for your email account.
- Click manage.
- Then, Click Use my domain.
- Next, there will be a ‘Get an Email address that matches your domain box’.
- The next page will again pop up with a ‘Professional Email’ box. Click ‘Set up an email’
- The next page will be about you filling your essential information, namely, Username (e.g. Xyz@yourdomainname, first and last name (you can put either your name or your business’s name).
- Next, you can leave the Admission permissions section as ‘Yes’ only.
- Then, create and confirm your password. Make sure that it matches the criteria of a secure password.
- Now, the next option will be about you typing in the email address where you want the user account information and notification to be sent.
- The next will be a box asking you whether you accept the term and conditions. Click on it.
- And then click on ‘create.
- After this, you will receive an email notification to the address you mentioned above, carrying the confirmation of the process.
Now, you are all set to use the GoDaddy domain-based email that you can use to take your enterprise to a new height.
Also Read: Best Google Chrome Extensions